Korean has become popular in recent years mainly because of the growing popularity in Korean KDrama and Kpop music like Gangnam style.
10 Reasons why you should Learn Korean.
- Korean has 80 million speakers and South Korean are the 13th largest economy in the world. This means that if you want to do business, study or work in Korea then you should learn Korean to help you along.
- Korean alphabet is easy to learn, just have a look at our beginners section and you can learn the hangul alphabet in a hour or two.
- The Korean alphabet has very distinct sounds and once you have learnt the language it is unlikely that you can mispronounce the words.
- Korean grammar is different to that of English language where the verb comes in the end, but once you have mastered it, it becomes a very easy language to learn.
- In Korean there is no difference in plural and singular subjects as the verbs do not change.
- There is no concept of gender in Korean unlike French
- Unlike Chinese there are no language intonations to learn, like rise and fall of sounds.
- Some Korean words are similar to English words.
- Many words are made up of smaller singular words.
- There are lots of material on the web to learn Korean.